Re: [Phys-L] intro modern physics textbook

On 2022/Jun/20, at 12:18, Todd Pedlar via Phys-l <phys-l@mail.phys-l.org> wrote:

The Etkina texts are for algebra-based courses, and wouldn't fit the bill
for a course aimed largely at engineers.

Old, and I tout, as author was my thesis advisor, and (along W/Wm Walker) got me into Keele for my doctorate.

Fundamentals of Modern Physics Also there’s Quantum Physics of Atoms, Molecules, Solids, Nuclei, and Particles <https://www.allbookstores.com/Quantum-Physics-Atoms-Molecules-Solids/9780471873730>, and his intro book:

Physics, foundations and applications https://archive.org/details/physicsfoundatio01eisb_0 <https://archive.org/details/physicsfoundatio01eisb_0>

And, surprized JD hasn’t mentioned Feynman, et alii for at least reference.

bc …. thinks he still has his Sophomore modern physics text at UCSB, but that’s ~ 65 years ago.