[Phys-L] intro modern physics textbook

We are looking for a new textbook for our third semester of introductory Physics for Scientists and Engineers. We’ve been using Thornton and Rex but we’re looking for something more geared toward engineering majors since we have so few physics majors. We heard of one university that plans to use Randall Knight’s PSE: A Strategic Approach for all three semesters. We use Knight for the first two semesters, but he doesn’t do much with condensed matter, semiconductors, or cosmology. I guess we could finish off the last few chapters in Knight and then supplement with other material.

Any suggestions? What is your favorite textbook for introductory modern physics for engineering majors?

Thanks,
Larry