[Phys-L] Usually political - frogs

More on Berkland's Syzygy thing: Perigean Spring Tides ( = Syzygy + perigee )
https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Strategic_Role_of_Perigean_Spring_Ti/k02T9PU19ioC?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=dates+of+recent+Sun+Earth+Moon+syzygies&pg=PA7&printsec=frontcover

I note from this URL
https://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/pacalc.html

that Jan 1,2 was a Perigean Spring tide.

re Gone Gatos - looks like there is room for consultation of city pound logs for call frequencies of missing pets, and particularly cats
Brian W

- Mon, Jan 24 at 2:09 PM

cut

Reminds me of Gone Gato;  one of the precursors claimed by a San Jose (CA) geologist.

https://detailedpedia.com/wiki-Earthquake_sensitive ;<https://detailedpedia.com/wiki-Earthquake_sensitive

bc    …..  Yea Berkland.  See Ref.  18.

I don’t think a nutter;  tho syzygy is a bit weak.

-  Contrary to that:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Berkland ;<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Berkland

- ************************************************************************************************************************
-

- Here's a charming paper on frog swarms, examining a possible relation to seismic activity https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269514358_Frog_Swarms_Earthquake_Precursors_or_False_Alarms

Mon, Jan 24 at 10:13 AM
-

-

-  - Bill Norwood Jan 24 at 9:52 AM
- Bernard and others,
-  1. Were there any animals that were responding to the impending eruption before the humans knew?
-  2. What about the one in the late 1800’s?
-  Thanks, Bill Norwood U of MD 1965 to 2018