Re: [Phys-L] stardust

On 1/20/22 6:49 PM, Anthony Lapinski wrote:

[...] which states in the end that 93% of our body mass is stardust. Wow! If so,
I'll have to rephrase what I tell my students!

No "if" about it. The conventional way to say it is:
*All elements heavier than helium were made in stars.*

which is true to a good approximation, plenty good enough for
present purposes.

In more detail:

Hydrogen is primordial.
Some helium is primordial.
A teeny tiny amount of lithium is primordial.

Everything else was created in stars.

https://w.astro.berkeley.edu/~mwhite/darkmatter/bbn.html