Re: [Phys-L] vaccine deniers and per

Thank you Paul. I appreciate the answer.

Definitely agreed that there's overlap, and that's largely what I was
thinking of when mentioning that this topic could be useful to impart
broader lessons (or reminders).

Also agree that the scientific method isn't really geared toward nuance;
it's simplex for a reason - but perhaps nuance isn't really needed in this
day and age where there appears to be a need to have a little 'back to
basics' first (always good to check the axioms, or at least go over them;
can't hurt : )

Communication is certainly more than going through a checklist of key steps
in the scientific method, agreed, but if the subject of the communication
is science/scientific evidence then a little review doesn't hurt. You might
be surprised to see just how necessary it is (I've literally had
to...remind people who certainly should/maybe do know better that there's a
fundamental difference between probabilistic model 'studies' and actual
RCTs). If you're implying that the guidance in this publication is purely
for the communicator who is already aware of these...fundamentals and
choosing to speak to their audience at a different level, then I get that.
Then maybe there's an opportunity to do a little review in a 2nd
conversation(?).

Cheers