Re: [Phys-L] Phys-l and the scope of content

People! Which John. both?

interleaved:

On 2021/Feb/08, at 11:03, Mark Kimball via Phys-l <phys-l@mail.phys-l.org> wrote:

Hi Dan and John,

As I feared earlier, a thread on Phys-L has turned personal. I don't mind
stepping in to remind people the purpose of the list. While I do think a
lively debate of a political issue should be allowed from time-to-time,

I agree very much. (from time to time) This time it originally related to Covid which very much concerns our teaching.

I'm
not happy to see attacks become personal. I do worry that too much of this
will cause some to unsubscribe.

Yes, but I think they’re thin skinned.

Something I can offer is a side mail list where these things can be
discussed ad nauseum. Any thoughts regarding this?

Yes, yes, and yes!

bc … thinks if those “others" don’t join in, would be our own echo chamber. And prays he won’t regret his initiation.

Cheers,
Mark

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 10:55 AM Daniel MacIsaac <danmacisaac@gmail.com>