Re: [Phys-L] Inverse Square for reflected light

The distance between source and sensor for light reflected from a clean plane mirror is measured as the sum of the distance from source to mirror, and the distance from mirror surface to sensor, both rays at the same vertical angle to the mirror perpendicular.

Students may not be correctly assessing distance for a reflected light ray.

These two things are most likely not being done correctly . I will pass this along.