[Phys-L] Inverse Square for reflected light

Hmm, can you post a photo or sketch of the layout? Was the mirror fixed and
they measured the intensity by moving the sensor away from the mirror, or
was the mirror moved between measurements? If the mirror was stationary,
how close was it to the point source?

Just to be certain about the setup, was there any other light in the room
that could have gotten into the sensor, such as a light in the distant
background?

I cannot imagine that it would matter significantly, but was it a first
surface or second surface mirror and how big is it?

- - - -
John E. Sohl, Ph.D.
WSU Brady Presidential Distinguished Professor
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Department of Environmental Science
Weber State University
1415 Edvalson St., Dept 2508
Ogden, UT 84408-2508

Office: TY 326
Office phone: (801) 626-7907
cell: (801) 476-0589 (Text me, I don't answer the phone if you are not in
my contacts.)