Re: [Phys-L] [**External**] Re: [**External**] Re: [**External**] Photoelectric effect: electron current vs. frequency

On 11/10/21 12:44 PM, Philip Keller via Phys-l wrote:
"It is straightforward to rig up the ammeter so that no
electrons go astray."

Aha! I did not know that. In my mind, some of the wayward electrons were
just, I dunno, bumping into the apparatus or something.

This has a name:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cup

If the electrons start out going in the right general
direction *and* all the field lines point in the right
general direction, you are going to catch absolutely
all of the electrons.

Obviously they're not going to turn and go uphill against
the field lines, not even a little bit.