Re: [Phys-L] [**External**] Photoelectric effect: electron current vs. frequency

Very much not an expert, but: if the frequency is higher the
photoelectrons come out with higher speed. Then,as long as the voltage is
below the stopping potential, wouldn't a larger number of the electrons
happen to be moving in a direction that lets them make it across the gap to
the other electrode? So though there are not more electrons being
liberated, we do see a higher current? Prepared to be quite mistaken
here...

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 10:13 AM Antti Savinainen via Phys-l <