Re: [Phys-L] half life fundamental principles3

On 2021/Oct/21, at 22:47, Brian Whatcott <betwys1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

-- Here's one of the many, many issues: Each click of the Geiger counter
is a very narrow spike. A son of a glitch. That's very unlike anything
a serial port was designed to handle. If you have 1000 events per second
with a nice 50/50 duty cycle, the serial port can handle it fine, but
if you have even a few events per second consisting of spiky clicks
you're gonna lose events.

That’s also the problem W/the PRA. So the pulses are stretched W/a low pass filter. Marek used initially an RC filter. I’ve see others use a multistage one for optimal shaping.

I haven’t read his new pages, so there’s likely more there.

bc thinks aliasing above 100k Hz?