Re: [Phys-L] void problem for 10 days + entertainment response

Daniel,
I expect you are referring to the 3 day smoothed daily death rate in NJ found at the foot of your pointer?
I have seen this ascribed to a velocity modulation of the death data aggregation
from scattered geographical inputs. (a la beam modulation of the single resonator klystron, to my way of thinking)
I don't find this particularly compelling. Still, in the affairs of humanity, there is certainly a daily pulse, and weekly pulse. Here, the weekly high at about twice the weekly low death rate is certainly striking.
But I have noted a similar modulation in other international datasets. Most nations do take Saturday and Sunday off, while a few take Friday & Saturday, I believe.

Brian W