Re: [Phys-L] more prepping

Phys-l’ers and friends!

On 2020/Mar/02, at 12:59, John Denker via Phys-l <phys-l@mail.phys-l.org> wrote:

much cut

The number of covid-19 cases outside of China is growing faster
than exponentially. Previously it was doubling every four days,
but now it is doubling every three days. Exponential growth is
absolutely horrifying, but this is worse.

If this ain't a pandemic I don't know what is.

"Stanford University will move classes online due to coronavirus"

Note: A faculty member tested +.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-06/coronavirus-cases-mount-in-california-bay-area-officials-warn-it-may-be-spreading?utm_source=LAT+Breaking+News&utm_campaign=148b655363-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_03_07_04_53&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b3d39b0044-148b655363-87989977

"COVID-19: Exponential Infections Outside of China"

https://ncrenegade.com/editorial/covid-19-exponential-infections-outside-of-china/

The bump in the second graph, I think, is due to a redefinition.

bc has asked the CDC to send data, so he can try fits using Kaleidagraph. [extracting data from a graph is a NO, no.]

Recent TV News (BBC or PBS -only to what we listen.) a CDC, or WHO, or academic epidemiologist, when questioned, said it was now a pandemic.
"The county is now recommending that adults over 50 and people with underlying medical conditions that could put them at risk of contracting COVID-19 avoid mass gatherings like parades, sporting events  <https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-03-04/sports-teams-brace-for-coronavirus-outbreak>or concerts."

I, sadly, skipped the Sanders rally in San Jose — 14% mortality for those over 80!