[Phys-L] Visualizing electric fields and potentials

I just wanted to share a recent (re-)discovery for the macOS users out there. For many years I used a piece of software called “Franklin” for classroom demos and the like. It did a wonderful job of visualizing electric potentials and fields in 3D, and is highly configurable. Like many pieces of educational science software (Atom in a Box, anyone?), I was sad to leave it behind when I moved all my machines to Catalina. But I just recently discovered that the developer has released a 64-bit version of Franklin that runs fine on Catalina:

<http://highcliffsoftware.com/ <http://highcliffsoftware.com/>>

I encourage the macOS users in the crowd to download and play with it. It’s gorgeous. It absolutely DOES require you to RTFM, though … it takes a little getting used to. Have fun!

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>