Re: [Phys-L] cosmology -- erratum

Oops!

I just noticed an accidental typo in one of the formulae I gave in my previoius post. I accidentally wrote the coefficient in front of the formula for Dt, i.e. the time interval over which a light beam is in flight from a source until it arrives here now having a redshift z, as the reciprocal of the correct coefficient. I had the coefficient as B [=(3/2)*H_0*sqrt(Omega_lambda)], but the correct coefficient for Dt is 1/B. Here is the corrected formula:

Dt = ln((1 + 1/sqrt(Omega_lambda))*(z + 1)^(3/2)/(1 + sqrt(1 + (A*(z + 1))^3)))/B .

David Bowman