Re: [Phys-L] The traditional value of Pi is three!

I'm in a high school. Not doing any "research." I let the chemists deal
with precision. They spend so much time with sig figs, error analysis, etc.
Kids find it overkill. Not fun. We should be turning kids onto science at
young ages. I uses rounded values often -- gravity, planetary masses,
specific heats, densities, speed of sound, speed of light, etc. Measuring g
in classrooms is difficult if not impossible -- there are many human errors
(timing, etc.), air resistance, rotational/inertial effects from the Earth,
etc.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 7:01 PM Marx, David via Phys-l <