Re: [Phys-L] Circular Motion in 20 GIFs

On 01/15/2018 12:55 PM, Derek McKenzie wrote:

https://physicsfootnotes.com/circular-motion-physl
This is AWESOME!

I was impressed by the first 80%.

I was super-extra impressed by the last 20%.
It's a no-BS discussion of centrifugal force
... which is something sadly lacking from a
great many discussions of rotational motion.

Remember:
Centrifugal force exists in the rotating frame
and not otherwise.

This is an issue that I've had to deal with in
five different settings in the last 4 weeks.
There are a *lot* of people out there who are
mystified by this.