[Phys-L] Simply more data for you-all Was: Re: fidget spinner: more data, more analysis, timestamps, force-law plot

On 2017/Sep/20, at 20:47, bernard cleyet <bernardcleyet@redshift.com> wrote:

I flipped it rather weakly, as I feared it would be too fast (time/revolution too short) for the MicroSet to collect W/O error. It’s the only data I took. I intend to take more tonite.

All data I’ve taken of pendula have been very noisy. I don’t think it’s artifacts. Remember the resolution is ~ a microsec. My analyzer (Kaleidagraph) has smoothing functions.

A much faster spin, I think, will result ina quad. term. And the MicroSet will average beat up to 256 beats.

bc later

New data; of the massiest three legged spinner; I spun so fast MicroSet doesn’t respond until slower.

Two modes: time one where leading edge to leading times recorded (so will be three times the “actual” rate, I think.), and time 1 skip. This one is designed to measure the period instead of the beat of a pendulum, I pray, the result is 3/2 times the “actual”.

Note the last column is the PG interrupted time. This Bryan included so one may find the amplitude of a free pendulum using the work energy theorem.

http://cleyet.org/spinner/bc's/spinner%20third%20from%20left/

bc easily confused.