Re: [Phys-L] Aeroplanes and air temperature

On 6/21/2017 3:14 PM, bernard cleyet wrote:
/snip/
I’ve only skimmed the posts, so I may be quite wrong. Drag is mentioned, but not completely explained. My knowledge of fluid mechanics (formerly hydrodynamics) is v. meager, however, I think there are two effects: the obvious density and dealt with, and the increase in viscosity. What portion of skin friction applies in contrast to form drag as applied to air craft, I don’t know.

bc

Air viscosity is swept into the Reynolds number which modulates the coefficients of lift and drag.

Brian W