[Phys-L] Is Most Published Research Wrong?

The misuse of statistics (both accidental and intentional) in scientific
research publications is well known, however I don't think I've ever
seen such a superbly articulated rant about the problem as the one by
Veritasium in the following video. Although the problem is not specific
to physics, it is certainly prevalent in the area of Physics Education
Research, and The Case of the Missing Pentaquark, taken from particle
physics, shows that even the most statistically rigorous research groups
are not immune...

http://physicsfootnotes.com/is-most-published-research-wrong

Derek McKenzie
PhysicsFootnotes.com