Re: [Phys-L] another DIY relativity experiment

More goofs. the GR factor in a uniform field is gh/c² - no DELTA ! Also, I guess it is division by that factor, not multiplication - if distant means "uphill".
Sorry - time for a GR expert to move in!

-----Original Message----- From: Bob Sciamanda
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 3:29 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] another DIY relativity experiment

I should add that the factor gh/c² presumes a uniform gravitational field
encompassing both observers.

-----Original Message----- From: Bob Sciamanda
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 3:18 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org

My gut guess is that the local observer would measure a pendulum period of
2Pi*SQR(L/g), as usual. A distant observer would measure that period of
this clock multiplied by the GR factor (DELTAg)h/c².
IOW I'm guessing that the GR effect is simply an additional effect, just as
with non-gravitationally dependent phenomena. But I need an expert
analysis, please.

-----Original Message----- From: Bob Sciamanda