Re: [Phys-L] Digital Hearing Aids

On 2016, Feb 01, , at 12:20, Bill Norwood <bnorwood111@gmail.com> wrote:

Bernard,
If you care to say, the sum of what sound exposures, chemicals, illnesses,
dietary factors and genetics brought on your degree of hearing loss?
Bill Norwood

I suspect, according to a cochlear researcher at UCLA,** it was LSD, and possibly a “designer” drug I made in ca. 1984. I put to use the organic class I took at Sta. Barb. City College. It involved vacuum distillation, several recrystallizations, etc.. All legal at the time. The LSD was much earlier (ca. 1965) under the supervision of an MD (psychiatrist). Also several “trips” using mescaline from Koch-Light co. (UK).

I was, also, a Hi-Fi nut from working for the Grey Research engineer. (Retired to Santa Barbara, Audio Vision Co.)

My father had severe hearing loss, but that was in “old” 80+ age. My mother’s hearing at 95 was v. good. (no aids)

** using bull frogs. Also reported and confirmed by an audiologist various ...mycin antibiotics. Her choice for her son was death or loss of hearing, and he lost his hearing.

bc eligible for implant likely soon.