Re: [Phys-L] work versus mechanical transfer of energy

On 2016, Jan 07, , at 08:26, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

We have already settled the principle of the thing; now we
are just haggling over the price. (variously attributed)

I only read this as a conversation between the woman and GB Shaw at a dinner.

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/what_kind_of_woman_do_you_take_me_for_madam_weve_already_established_that_c/ <http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/what_kind_of_woman_do_you_take_me_for_madam_weve_already_established_that_c/>

bc thinks one who writes "Mrs. Warren’s Profession" would be more likely the origin of the conversation.