[Phys-L] textbook prices

I recently wrote a blog article about physics textbook prices that may be of interest to some on this list:

http://dvschroeder.blogspot.com/2015/12/textbook-price-pandemonium.html

The article includes a link to a Google spreadsheet listing 135 books, from sophomore to first-year graduate
level, and their current prices.

I'm astounded that Cengage now charges $400 each for some books. On the other hand, a small but growing
number of high-quality books are being self-published at very affordable prices.

Comments are welcome here or on the blog. I would be especially interested to learn of other examples
of self-published books that are being used as texts outside the authors' institutions.

Dan Schroeder
Weber State University