[Phys-L] Students will come in droves

Hi Phys-L (already posted on Tap-L)
- Recently we had preliminary discussion about replacing the conventional
sonometer with a bass guitar, with strain gauges replacing the weights.
- I get the feeling that I will get nowhere with inspiring the locals about
this unless I find that someone somewhere in the world has already done
this for a physics lab.
- Such an experiment would be intensely interesting to students, as
compared to a sonometer.
- So, if anyone can find one already in use in the world, then you will
have done a great service for the physics teaching labs and demonstrations
community.
Bill Norwood
U of MD at College Park