Re: [Phys-L] History Was: Re: Another Fluid/Density 'Problem'

Is it still common to ask 'People which is Denser, Milk or Cream?’

or must we now ask it with oil and water?

I’ll wager that this Misconception is still quite prevalent.

On Jan 31, 2014, at 9:43 AM, Bob Sciamanda <treborsci@verizon.net> wrote:

And I used to milk the cows to get the milk, and then churn the cream into butter by rolling a jar of it around inside a tire.

-----Original Message----- From: Rauber, Joel
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 8:49 AM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] History Was: Re: Another Fluid/Density 'Problem'

-----Original Message-----
From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] On Behalf Of Bernard Cleyet
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:33 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org

On 2014, Jan 30, , at 06:47, Rauber, Joel <Joel.Rauber@SDSTATE.EDU> wrote:

Wow, the last time I remember actually seeing delivered milk like this was when I was a kid, many decades ago in the early sixties. Though a house I lived in a few years ago had an insulated box built into the front concrete stoop, which I always presumed was meant to facilitate the delivery of milk.

And did you have a rubber disk W/ an Al tube? For tothers: push the disk down and out flows just the cream.

[:]
No, I'm too young for that, the milk that was delivered to our house was homogenized.

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (Em)
treborsci@verizon.net
http://sciamanda.com