[Phys-L] History Was: Re: Another Fluid/Density 'Problem'

On 2014, Jan 30, , at 06:47, Rauber, Joel <Joel.Rauber@SDSTATE.EDU> wrote:

Wow, the last time I remember actually seeing delivered milk like this was when I was a kid, many decades ago in the early sixties. Though a house I lived in a few years ago had an insulated box built into the front concrete stoop, which I always presumed was meant to facilitate the delivery of milk.

And did you have a rubber disk W/ an Al tube? For tothers: push the disk down and out flows just the cream.

bc used back in the forties along with bag of white partially hydrogenated veg. oil and the gelcap filled w/ dye** to squeeze (knead) into the margarine.

** It’s similar to the wooden horse on the front of the first ‘biles, and the power of the dairy lobby!