Re: [Phys-L] just for fun?

On 01/03/2014 11:40 AM, Anthony Lapinski wrote:

I show this video, Unstoppable Solar Cycles, to my students each year.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl4Pz1mwBao

They say the Sun is the main driver of climate on Earth. Around 5:25, they
show the temperature and CO2 graph (with CO2 always lagging temperature
rise).

Yeah, that's an incredible video. It was funded by and is distributed
by the Heartland Institute:
http://heartland.org/policy-documents/unstoppable-solar-cycles-rethinking-global-warming

They mailed a gazillion copies of that video to teachers across
the land.

You should make sure your students don't do any checking. We
don't want them to read any of the stuff "scientists" have been
saying about that video:
http://www.desmogblog.com/heartland-institute-tricked-video-subjects-in-unstoppable-solar-cycles
http://cires.colorado.edu/blogs/mccaffrey/2011/08/22/unstoppable/
Make especially sure nobody looks at this:
http://www.phys-l.org/archives/2012/2_2012/msg00225.html

This is the very same Heartland Institute that in the 1990s played
a big role in heaping scorn on the "scientists" who wanted to
interfere with our God-given right to smoke cigarettes.

Heartland is also participating in the current debate over fracking.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heartland_Institute

There are other Heartland videos that I like to show that make the
same point about how stupid "scientists" are. One of my favorites
shows a Piltdown man riding a brontosaurus. This suffices to prove
that evolution is a lie ... just like climate change is a lie.