Re: [Phys-L] Sources of all of Earth's energy

Well even nuclear and geothermal energy might be considered solar in origin....just not out sun. Just checked out a NASA site pointing out that natural radioactivity has kept the earth's core hotter for longer than it might otherwise be--Lord Kelvin had calculated a much smaller age for the earth based on the internal temperatures. But...in general terms, I exclude geothermal and nuclear as solar energy for the purpose of my course on energy.

rwt