Re: [Phys-L] Using https links ... was: aerodynamics

Below is the message I get when I try to connect to JD's website with
Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 7. This happens every single time; I have
been given no option of accepting the security certificate. Because I know
JD from the Phys-L list serve, I have been selecting the "Not recommended"
option of continuing to the website. In so doing, I have encountered no
problems, but it does give me an uneasy feeling. How do I get the option to
select the security certificate?

Don
Adjunct Physics Faculty (retired)
Anne Arundel Community College
Arnold, MD 21012

"There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

Below is the message I get when connecting to JD's website. This happens
continually, and I have been offered an option to accept the site's security
certificate. Since I know JD from the Phys-L list serve, I have been
selecting the "Not recommended" option in order to continue to his site.
This has worked with no problems, but it does give me an uneasy feeling.

"The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a
trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this
website.

Recommended icon Click here to close this webpage.

Not recommended icon Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information More information

.If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address
in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
.When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try
adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help."