[Phys-L] Teaching systems dynamic and feedback control

Dear Physics Educators:

Please, I need help to host a talk discussion about the problematic of -
utilization of information technologies in the area of modeling and
simulation for the teaching in exact sciences - (i.e. engineering).

My idea is to provide an overview analyzing the integration (or not) in the
curricula as well as the result that have been obtained. In recent years
there has been widespread use of the system dynamic paradigm in various
sciences. I suppose there must be a different situation in each country,
highly industrialized countries should have greater integration due to the
wide utilization of feedback control theory in industrial plants. There
are in use many different software packages, some commercial, and other open
source (i.e. Matlab and Octave). Some problems have been reported to
integrate new contents within traditional curricula. The aim of the
discussion is to know the overall educational situation, and get
recommendations to facilitate the integration of systems theory in
engineering careers that are not specific to the topic.

I would greatly appreciate your views and experience.!

My best regards.

Roberto