Re: [Phys-L] proper acceleration, proper time, proper length, spacetime geometry and trigonometry

On Nov 3, 2014, at 11:43 AM, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

On 11/02/2014 12:27 PM, Ken Caviness wrote in part:

_proper_ acceleration

However, today I am trying to make a point: the modern
spacetime viewpoint is not the only way of looking at
things, but it has treeeemendous advantages.

I know there are plenty of introductory-level textbooks,
web sites, and TV "science" shows based on the premise
that the history of relativity began /and ended/ in 1905,
but that is just wrong. Wildly wrong.

John,

Which introductory (freshman, sophomore level) Modern Physics textbooks would you recommend that adopt and espouse the modern (post 1908) spacetime viewpoint?

Thanks,
Larry