Re: [Phys-L] prizes

In my opinion, Chemistry is a branch of Physics, and Biology is a branch
of Chemistry.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Bernard Cleyet <bernard@cleyet.org> wrote:

On 2014, Oct 10, , at 07:32, jbellina <inquirybellina@comcast.net> wrote:

In a previous life I was one of those materials electronics guys. I
watched what was originally thought of as physics slowly evolve into
chemistry so the time of the events is important.

I thought it was the reverse since Pauling; he even wrote a QM text.

Introduction to Quantum Mechanics with Applications to Chemistry

http://store.doverpublications.com/0486648710.html

Notice that LP retired from CIT to work at the LP Institute of Science and
MEDICINE.

Since morphed and moved to Oregon State.

bc

I was at the meeting, don't recall if it was MRS or APS with about 1000
others when one of them gave a talk and then held up a lite blue led for
the first time. Everyone cheered like at a concert.

Sent from my iPhone