Re: [Phys-L] prizes

In a previous life I was one of those materials electronics guys. I watched what was originally thought of as physics slowly evolve into chemistry so the time of the events is important.

I was at the meeting, don't recall if it was MRS or APS with about 1000 others when one of them gave a talk and then held up a lite blue led for the first time. Everyone cheered like at a concert.

Sent from my iPhone