Re: [Phys-L] gravity along a chord

Thank you to everyone for the response -- and for wading through my muddled
question.

John -- you have every right to be confused by the question as I muddled
the students arguments with my own query. My defense is that I am finding
this years class quite challenging -- while they are extremely bright, they
won't believe anything I say if it is not in the textbook. I could say
2+2=4 and they would ask me where that is stated in the book. I am finding
it to be very vexing.