Re: [Phys-L] carbon wars

On 2014, Oct 06, , at 04:23, Craig Lucanus <lucanus@iinet.net.au> wrote:

In the last ice age, glaciation over New York was a mile deep and average
global surface T was only 5 degrees lower than today. Humanity existed as
hunter-gatherers, where it could. If warming proceeds to 5 degrees higher
than today should we expect anything less disastrous, or do we just turn
up our air-conditioners? There will be upheaval and dislocation such as
humanity has not known. Is that the future each of us wants to nurture our
DNA into?

Before reading past 5 deg. lower, I turned to Gate Keeper Seese and repeated the 5 deg. and said at the end of the cent. present models, etc., etc. it’ll be several deg. warmer, so … She responded appropriately, and then asked what was it like down S.

Our question: Glaciation extended from Antarctica also?

bc, thinks “like" CL [as does]

p.s. Here’s what ~ three/quarter degree does. We are fortunate it was only one summer.

Year Without a Summer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

Note the Byron verse.