Re: [Phys-L] Mesmerizing

On 2013, Sep 14, , at 14:29, Ze'ev Wurman <zeev@ieee.org> wrote:

Much harder to achieve with electronic metronomes :-)

http://io9.com/5947112/watch-32-discordant-metronomes-achieve-synchrony-in-a-matter-of-minutes

This is a "reprise" of a 2011 Phys-l thread:

Re: [Phys-l] neat video of synchronizing metronomes

http://www.phys-l.org/archives/2011/7_2011/msg00131.html

As I mention in one of my posts, well examined by Pataleone (AJP -- 70 (10) October 2002 and initially, I think, a tap-L post of a few years before that.

Note the recreation of Huygens' discovery by Mr. Bryan Mumford:

Pendulums That Interfere

http://www.bmumford.com/clocks/tech/2clocks/2clocks.html

bc thinks "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose"