[Phys-L] ... too much emphasis on an *authority*, ... Re: Bayesian statisitics

On 2013, Sep 03, , at 03:02, Brian Blais <bblais@bryant.edu> wrote:

No, clearly you're an Einsteinian. :) Yes, I agree. I don't like either term either. It puts too much emphasis on an *authority*, which is a thoroughly anti-scientific idea. I do notice that the term "Darwinian" is popular with Creationists, however.

But sometimes OK:

Argument from authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority

bc, often appeals to the authority of JD.