Re: [Phys-L] The Make-Believe World of Real-World Physics

You might be a redneck physicist if ... you think it makes sense
to ask a multiple-guess question about «the force» involved when
a large truck smashes into a small car.

I wrote in part:

IMHO, telling students the subject is scary and counterintuitive
is /not/ constructive.