Re: [Phys-L] The Make-Believe World of Real-World Physics

Ludwik wrote,

... "What is "Fun" in this context anyway?"
I would replace the word "fun" by "pleasure." Learning should generate pleasure, like when climbing a mountain.

As I wrote previously, I agree with Ludwik. Further, I should have added that I believe that learning Physics does have something in common with hearing a joke.
At the end there is a real pleasure from being able to honestly say "I get it!"
I won't belabor the point, but I do think it important,
cheers,
David