From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] On Behalf Of Larry Smith
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:34 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: [Phys-L] computer programming for kids

This is not exclusively a physics question, but it is related.

Should every kid learn how to program computers in public schools?
In what grade(s)?
Using what language(s)?

What other technology skills should kids learn in public schools?

I'm going to a state task force meeting this week to discuss these questions.
Thought I'd poll this audience first.

Thanks,
Larry