Re: [Phys-L] Indicators of quality teaching (Was:MOOC:EdxOffers Mechanics course by Prof.Walter Lewin)

I just spoke with Laws, Sokoloff & Thornton about this. I may be slightly off the mark, but here is my memory of the conversation...
They have a lecture session, recitation, and lab session. Of the 3 lectures per week, 1 includes ILDs. The labs are run using RealTime Physics.
Their first test (the pre-test) is post lecture, but pre- ILDs and pre-real-time-physics-lab. That alleviates some of the challenge associated with terminology.
They agree that the fmce has almost no terminology challenges, and that the circuit concept test would have some if done prior to lecture.
That is my memory of the conversation (at a workshop this weekend), but I believe it to be accurate.

Have a good one.

Paul.

...::. Sent from a touchscreen.::...
Paul Lulai