Re: [Phys-L] thermo : instructional sequencing

"Note that in some well-crafted books, each chapter tells you to what
extent later chapters depend on it. That way you can figure out what
you can skip and what you can't ... and also tells you to what extent
you can re-arrange the sequencing."

That's why we have offer advice on these matters in the preface to our
textbook.

Whether any instructor has ever read the preface is beyond my knowledge.

Bruce