Re: [Phys-L] Laplace equation problem

On 2013, Apr 02, , at 16:54, Carl Mungan <mungan@usna.edu> wrote:

However... what if I *do* stick with my original choice? I then have the strange situation of having a tangential electric field along the surface of a metal plate! How can that possibly be? I'm still puzzled by that. -Carl

ps: It would also be better if I didn't call the two edges parallel to the y axis "plates" since they obviously cannot be metal because the potential is not constant for them.

I thought the "rule" about normal only E field and constant U of a conductor applied to the static case only?

bc subject to incipient Alzheimer's.