Re: [Phys-L] Physics prof strips down to underwear to teach QM

As the person who, three decades ago, put together and staged the demonstrations at Rensselaer for the likes of my good colleagues Walter Eppenstein, Harry Meiners and Fred Leitner (including the previously mention wire-guided rocket) ...

In the hands of someone who was actively teaching the physics and not just doing a "magic show" a good demonstration can reinforce the point. But, I agree that if the intent is simply to be remembered, there's little learning. For example, the rocket previously mentioned in this thread was only the final piece of an extended discussion of momentum conservation, usually followed by more interaction to understand what they'd actually seen.

"I am not a crackpot!"
- Grandpa Simpson

Dr. George Spagna
Physics Department