Re: [Phys-L] Physics prof strips down to underwear to teach QM

The real embarassment should be that he did not understand that stunts do
not enhance learning! Stunts are stunts. Rensselaer used to fly a rocket
across the lecture hall (on a wire). Everyone remembers the stunt, but not
the point. If he wanted to entice students to his lecture, he should have
persuaded the previous lecturor to do a stunt, and imply that more would
come. If the stunt worked, I would be all for it!

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

What an embarrassment. I haven't a clue what the guy was
trying to accomplish by such idiotic tomfoolery, but I'm
embarrassed for Columbia and embarrassed for the fool.