[Phys-L] sharing an activity re circular motion free-body diagrams

Hi All,

I gave my students this assignment today:

http://www.holmdel.k12.nj.us/faculty/pkeller/word%20files/circular%20motion%20free%20body%20diagrams.pdf

We have not started to discuss this material yet, so this was their first look. And I must say, I enjoyed listening to them working in groups to puzzle this out. After about 20 minutes, I gave them a hint: I revealed that the pairs all have the same free body diagrams.

Mostly, I am sharing because my students seemed to enjoy working on these and they certainly discussed them enthusiastically. So if any of you can use this, feel free. But also, there were two that gave the most trouble. One I expected, but the other surprised me. I'll let you guess...

Phil