Re: [Phys-L] ? FCI --> momentum flow

On 10/13/2013 08:04 PM, Bruce Sherwood wrote:
At http://www.av8n.com/physics/force-intro.htm I don't see anything about
Newton's cradle. What am I missing?

It's there now. Try hitting the reload button.

I've always been uncomfortable with statements to the effect that Newton's
cradle "proves momentum is conserved" or some such

Well, I don't claim that it proves anything. I also don't claim
to /predict/ what any such apparatus will do. I'm looking through
the other end of the telescope: *GIVEN* that we observe empirically
that the ball #1 swings in and ball #5 goes flying out, *THEN* the
best way to describe it is that momentum flowed through balls #2, 3,
and 4.

Is there a problem with that?