Re: [Phys-L] Private schools

New Jersey... I dropped enough information to tell anyone who has followed the state of education in this country or who followed the news about public schools and crime statistics to figure that out. Plus I mentioned the state several times in past posts. "The most dangerous city in the country" has been in the national news many times over the past several years and has recently been featured by the BBC in a news broadcast "across the puddle." (pond?)

This State runs the complete gamut from some of the richest districts to some of the poorest in the country. The State recently turned down the application of one charter school for poor organization, lack of truthfulness, and most importantly the lack of being able to recruit students from our district here in one of the highest performing districts anywhere. Which just demonstrates that if a district performs well few, if any, will jump ship for the unknown waters of a charter.
Charter schools only operate with any sort of efficiency in the poorest districts, and even then their achievement level is suspect and is due to the fact that in spite of receiving state money they can expel any student who doesn't perform up to level or whose parents fail to adhere to the standards set for the parents of the students who attend the school. Parents do not attend PTSA meetings?.... student can be expelled. Student doesn't meet dress code? .... student can be expelled. Fighting?.... can be expelled. Failing too many subjects?..... can be expelled. Just try that in a regular school and you have the ACLU and a dozen other organizations on your back! So, don't give me this drivel about charter schools being superior to regular public schools. They select who they want and regulate who they want to keep.