Re: [Phys-L] Does anyone doubt that one political party is againstscience and education?

Well then forward it to the physics and society group. But of course it may
well reappear on all lists after being Haked. But what about letting
colleagues know that this sort of thing is going on so they can joing in the
denunciation of this type of blatent anti science and education party
politics. Of course scientists have been discredited by this crowd so our
statements will be ignored by most.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

To misappropriate your tag line... "Magic is what some
people call science because they don't understand it."
Maybe we should move this argument to the physics and society
group. But it is too important to ignore and we must take a
stand somewhere, sometime, or else we will wake up one day
and find that the textbooks say the earth is 6000 years old,
humans are the masters of all they perceive- the environment
be damned, and all creatures were created at the same time,
dinosaurs being the creatures that got left behind at the
great flood. Too many people in powerful places already
believe these things for the rest of us to keep quiet about it.
So, move the argument to another group if we must, but we'd
better not let it die.